As I flit like a bee from one big organisational headquarters to another it occurs to me that such buildings add little benefit and restrict in the following ways:
- You have to waste time, money and energy traveling to them.
- They cost a lot of money to maintain.
- You are subject to IT networks that are slower and more restricted than your own at home.
- You have to pretend to be working even when you are not whereas elsewhere you can stare out of the window and think.
- You are less in control of who interrupts you and why.
- Their architecture is often depressing rather than uplifting.
Can you think of any more reasons?